Thursday, March 15, 2012

Wow!

Given our full schedule the last 24 hours, it has been incredibly difficult to process everything into a rational post, but I can say Wow!

The drive from Kumasi to Bedaase - Red clay BUMPY roads through thick vegetation. Asking for directions from village to village. Wow!

Setting up the clinic - Piping electricity from the central source into our clinic space so that we didn't have to run a generator. Wow!

The patients - Beautiful people but so many with thick cataracts that we could not help. Wow.

The successes - The great joy when a person leaves being able to see much more clearly. Wow!

The children - The joy and love and fascination they have with us. Wow!

The village - In the afternoon we walked the village and met people - all with a child holding each finger on each hand. Oh, to have enough hands to hold them all. Wow!

The chief - We actually had a formal introduction ceremony with the village chief. Wow!

If you have ever read Lily's Purple Plastic Purse you'll know how I feel right now. Wow. That's just about all I can say, wow.

I hope to have a chance on our bumpy ride to meditate more and give a more beautiful picture to represent the people here, but for now, I leave you with, Wow!

1 comment:

  1. I actually looked up 'awesome' in a thesaurus to find other words I could use in reading the posts and seeing the pics. (Could not find anything that says it like 'awesome.') Maybe I'll have to see if there are synonyms for 'wow!' :-)

    ReplyDelete