Friday, March 16, 2012

My New Friend Kate

I am particularly struck by the friendliness of the villagers. My new friend Kate
illustrates this exuberant love. She spends a great deal of time hanging around the clinic offering hugs and smiles and handshakes to all who stop by. Kate attends the church in Bedaase and along with Frank has helped to coordinate details such as distribution of the dresses.







Kate has also been one of our best customers. We were able to fit her for readers that not only improved her vision, but also coordinated with her sense of fashion.



Yesterday during the hour between the closing of the clinic and the beginning of the crusade, Kate and Frank accompanied us on a tour of the cocoa farm owned by Kate's husband. About 18 acres is the size estimate provided by Kate. There were two different types of cocoa grown t
here. But the details of the farm aren't what struck me. Kate (and Frank) were so thoughtful to take us on a tour of Kate's husband's farm (I didn't catch his name)and accompany us to "river".





At the crusade, Kate gave me a big handshake and a hug and closed with "I'll see you, my friend?" I certainly hope so!

1 comment: