Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Uncertainty...Prime Ground for Building Trust

From Todd... Leaving behind all that we know and heading to a new place can be overwhelming (take that back, is overwhelming). What to take? What to wear? Did I remember everything when I know there is no super-Walmart in driving distance? What do I not know that I need to know? With all that being said and acknowledged, the unknown is not something we need to necessarily fear but rather can be something very freeing even. Our first day in Ghana confirmed some of my overwhelming in some respects and it undermined it in others. For instance, who would have ever of believed that customs officials would threaten tarriffs before eventually asking for a pair of glasses before allowing us through without charge. What I found was a certain freedom in the fact that God did provide safe delivery of the glasses. Who would have ever of believed that a a planned down day on Tuesday turned out to be a necessary travel day due to being re-routed through London, England before Acrra, Ghana? What I found was a certain freedom that I can trust that God is truly working his plan and making provisions for us. Neither of these faith growing experiences would have been possible without stepping into the sometimes overwhelming state that exists just beyond our ability to control. We are heading to the first village tomorrow after I preach in a prayer service at around 7:00am local time. And I am certain that there will be even more opportunity for me to learn more deeply the meaning of freedom that is found in trusting in God's plan. Your prayers are precious to us in these days.

2 comments:

  1. 7 am?? A breakfast meeting?
    Super way to start out the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying faithfully and living vicariously!

    ReplyDelete